The Pillars
© The Pillars.org

Welcome to

The Pillars…

 Local house museum.  The Pillars was

the long time home of early Bolivar settler

John Houston Bills and his descendent’s. The

Pillars has many "firsts" since it was built in

1828. It was the first brick residence in

Bolivar, has the first indoor bathroom, and the

first free lending library. It is one of a very

few house museums with most of the original

furnishings and family artifacts. The Pillars is

open to the public during the yearly Home

Tour and by appointment for groups. It is also

available for party rentals.

Tours for The

Pillars and Little

Courthouse

School groups during the week

by appointment Group tours for

10 or more by appointment.

 Ken Savage at

731-518-7148

 The Pillars home of the John Houston Bills' Family for 140 years, is now a house museum owned and maintained by the Hardeman County Chapter of the Association of Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities (APTA). A 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit Charitable Organization
522 S. Washington St, Bolivar, TN
For Events click the link above!
The Pillars
© The Pillars.org

Welcome to

The Pillars…

 Local house museum.  The Pillars was

the long time home of early Bolivar settler John

Houston Bills and his descendent’s. The Pillars has

many "firsts" since it was built in 1828. It was the

first brick residence in Bolivar, has the first indoor

bathroom, and the first free lending library. It is one

of a very few house museums with most of the

original furnishings and family artifacts. The Pillars

is open to the public during the yearly Home Tour

and by appointment for groups. It is also available

for party rentals.

Tours for The Pillars and Little

Courthouse

School groups during the week by appointment Group tours

for 10 or more by appointment.

 Ken Savage at

731-518-7148